Fast and feature-rich
- Meta plugins allow installing groups of plugins via a single, friendly label.
- Packages offload the user from providing long and complex commands.
- Annexes allow extending the plugin manager with new features.
- Turbo mode yields 50-80% faster Zsh startup.
Neat and flexible
- Customize paths, use multiple prompts or create your own plugins.
- Supports Oh My Zsh and Prezto plugins and libraries. (migration).
- Does not use $FPATH, loading multiple plugins doesn't clutter $FPATH with the same number of entries, e.g: 10, 15, or more.
- Code is immune to KSH_ARRAYS and other options typically causing compatibility problems.
- Do not require root access, and provide many workarounds e.g: setting so-called shims locally.
Familiarize and control
- Visualize and manage elements of the plugin:
- aliases, functions, bindkeys, zle widgets, completions, variables.
- Quickly familiarize yourself with rich and easy-to-digest information.
- Load or unload plugins, use the ability to manage completions.
- Docker playground, test or propose configurations.