Fast and feature-rich
- Meta plugins allow installing groups of plugins via a single, friendly label.
- Packages offload the user from providing long and complex commands.
- Annexes allow extend the plugin manager with new commands.
- Turbo mode yields 50-80% faster Zsh startup.
Neat and flexible
- Customize paths, use multiple prompts or create your own plugins.
- Supports Oh My Zsh and Prezto plugins and libraries. (migration).
- Does not use
$FPATH, loading multiple plugins doesn't clutter
$FPATHwith the same number of entries, e.g: 10, 15, or more.
- Code is immune to
KSH_ARRAYSand other options typically causing compatibility problems.
- Do not require
sudo, and provide many workarounds e.g: setting so-called shims locally.
Familiarize and control
- Visualise data: aliases, functions, bindkeys, Zle widgets, zstyles, completions, variables,
$FPATHelements a plugin has set up.
- Quickly familiarize oneself with a new plugin and provides rich and easy-to-digest information that might be helpful on various occasions.
- Load or unload plugins, use the ability to manage completions.
- Docker playground, test or propose configurations.